Good dental habits are the best way to ward off gum disease. If you practice good dental habits daily, it no longer becomes a conscious thought but part of your daily routine. But, what are the good dental habits you should be practicing?
- Brushing your teeth twice daily, when you wake up and before bed. Make sure to use a toothpaste with fluoride.
- Use an electric toothbrush so you do a thorough job.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash
- Floss multiple times a day
- Regularly visit your Catonsville dentist for a checkup
- Eating a healthy diet, good nutrition is vital to avoiding gum disease. Certain foods that are good for your teeth are cheese, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Avoid foods that are high in sugar and sodium
- Don’t smoke
If you have any questions about gum disease, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care.