Does your smile embarrass you? If you have stained, broken, or uneven teeth, your Catonsville Dental Care dentist could help. Let’s take a look at cosmetic dentistry and how it can help you get your confidence back.
What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
A cosmetic dentist is a restorative dentist that has studied the concepts of a smile design and the materials used to create a beautiful smile. While traditional dentistry focuses on the health of your teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry focuses on the appearance of your teeth, mouth, and overall smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
When you want to improve your smile there are many ways your cosmetic dentist can help you.
- Teeth whitening will help to remove discoloration and stains from your teeth.
- Bonding can help repair your chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or if there is a large space between them. This bonding agent is made of tooth-colored material that is applied by the tooth surface.
- Veneers are a thin, custom-made porcelain shell that covers the front of your teeth to help disguise discoloration or imperfection.
- Tooth reshaping involves changing the teeth to improve their appearances by modifying or removing enamel and is often combined with bonding.
- Crown lengthening can also be used to fix a “gummy” smile. A gummy smile is when more of your gums than teeth are visible or the gum line is uneven. This problem can be fixed by removing excess gum tissue to expose more teeth to give the appearance of a longer tooth. It does involve a minor oral surgery.
These procedures will help you get the smile you always wanted and help you regain confidence in yourself.
Choosing a Procedure
When thinking about a cosmetic procedure, there are some things you need to think about. The condition of your teeth and the desired result often dictates the procedure for you. Think about what you would like to change about your teeth and what type of maintenance you are willing to do after the procedure.
Stop hiding your smile and learn to smile brightly with a cosmetic dental procedure. For more information or to schedule your procedure, call Catonsville Dental Care today!
Catonsville Dental Care
Regularly seeing your Catonsville Dental Care dentist will help to determine if your child’s dental routines need modifications. For more information on pediatric dental care as well as other preventative dental care services, call Catonsville Dental Care today! Call today at 410-747-1115, or submit any questions by visiting CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Don’t forget to check us out and review our practice on Google+!