Good oral health is a daily battle, one that requires much more than just brushing and flossing. Good oral health is all encompassing. It starts with brushing and flossing, but also includes your daily diet. You see, everything you put in your mouth has some level of effect on your oral health. And because of this, many of us are actually damaging our teeth without even realizing it.
Just take a look at these Daily Habits that Damage your Teeth…
- Sugar Intake: It is no secret that sugar is a tooth’s worst enemy. These sugars are consumed by bacteria in the mouth, bacteria that eat away at tooth enamel. Because of this, it is important to avoid sugary foods that stick to the teeth longer than other foods, like jelly beans and other candies.
- Soda: Sugar-free or not, soda is just bad for your teeth.
- Alcohol: Similarly to soda, alcohol is also extremely acidic and bad for the teeth. Plus, alcohol dries out the mouth, cutting saliva production.
- Nicotine: Smoking or chewing tobacco products can yellow your teeth and even cause oral cancer.
- Your Teeth are not Bottle Openers: Under no circumstances should you use your teeth to remove clothing tags, open plastic bottles, etc.
Regular Visits with your Catonsville Dentists at Leikin & Baylin Dental Care
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care. In addition to offering unparalled dental excellence, the oral health professionals at Leikin & Baylin Dental Care will make you feel as comfortable as possible.
If you have any questions about Good Oral Health, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care.