You only get once chance to make a good first impression, something that is much harder to do if your smile is lackluster.
- 62 – Number of times a day the average woman smiles.
- 8 – Number of times a day the average man smiles.
- 63% – Percentage of people who say they look best in photos when they are showing their teeth.
- 99.7% – Percentage of adults who say an attractive smile is an important personal asset.
- 74% – Percentage of people who say that an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for business or career success.
- 23% – Percentage of people who say they look the best with their mouth closed.
Luckily, there are several ways to improve your smile and ensure it stays in tip top shape.
Several Secrets to a Brighter Smile
- Eat Right: Sometimes the right food can make all the difference. For instance, apples, carrots, and celery can help your teeth stay nice and white, while small amounts of cheese and other dairy, which contain calcium and phosphorous, can help your teeth stay strong and stain-free.
- Brushing and Flossing: Nothing can replace a good brushing and flossing. Brushing only gets about 50% of the job done. Flossing is required to ensure your teeth and gums are clean and bacteria and plaque free.
- More Frequent Dental Visits: Sometimes the recommended twice-a-year visit to the dentist is just not enough to keep your teeth as white as you’d like. According to New York dentist Steven Roth, DMD, adults should actually see their dentist every 90 days! It may seem like a lot, but Roth says the results will speak for themselves.
- Don’t Hesitate: If you wait until your dental disorder is unbearable, you have waited too long. The best way to avoid this is to schedule frequent checkups, as mentioned above.
The Smile Club: Leikin and Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland
The Smile Club is a wonderful program for our patients that do not have insurance, providing two cleanings, exams, and bitewing radiographs at no charge. In addition, the Smile Club member receives fifteen percent off of all other in-office procedures. The program has been very well received by our patients.
If you have any questions about Good Oral Health, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care.