- Check for signs of baby bottle tooth decay.
- Check gums to ensure they are healthy.
- Make sure the child’s teeth are coming in correctly.
- Dental sealants can also be applied to protect the teeth from bacteria.
Dental Care Tips for Children
- Brushing and Flossing: Proper dental care starts with brushing and flossing. Brushing should begin at the appearance of a child’s first tooth and flossing should begin when two teeth touch each other.
- Baby Bottle Decay: When sugars, like those found in milk, formula, and fruit juice, are left exposed to an infant’s teeth for an extended period of time, tooth decay, known as baby bottle tooth decay, can occur. This can lead to pain, infection, and the eventual loss of teeth.
- Regular Dental Visits: As we have already mentioned, your child should have his/her first dental visit before their first birthday. In fact, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) found that dental care costs were nearly 40% lower over a five-year period for children who received dental care by age one.
Pediatric Dental Care (Pedodontics) from You Friendly Catonsville Dentist
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care in Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care geared towards children and adolescents. We make visiting the Dentist Fun! Our pediatric dental services include: regular dental visits and preventative treatments, fillings, aesthetic restorations, mouth guards, and much more!
Make sure the kids ask to see Dr. Baylin’s famous magic tricks!
If you have any questions about Dealing with a Toothache or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.