The Benefits of Flossing
- Extra Protection: Each of your teeth has five separate surfaces and brushing cannot reach them all. This is where flossing comes into play. In fact, flossing does about 40% of the work.
- Preventing Gum Disease: Gingivitis and gum disease begin because of an accumulation of plaque on the teeth and gums. And flossing is the only way to effectively remove this plaque.
- Battle Back against Bad Breath: The primary culprit behind bad breath is the plaque in your mouth. As we have mentioned already, flossing is one of the only ways to remove the plaque in between your teeth.
- Tackle Tartar Buildup: Tartar is plaque that has hardened to the tooth from saliva calcification. Flossing can help slow down the accumulation of tartar.
How to Floss Effectively
- Use a 15-18 inch piece of floss
- Slide the floss up and down in between your teeth, wrapping it around each tooth in a “C” shape.
- Using a floss holder can help make the process a lot easier on you.
If you have any questions about Flossing, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Happy Holidays from everyone here at Leikin & Baylin Dental Care!