A dental crown is a cap that is placed over a tooth in order to restore the size, shape, size and strength of the original tooth, as well as improve its appearance. When you have a crown cemented in place by your Catonsville dentist, you can no longer see the damaged, original tooth; the natural-looking crown takes its place.
When would you need to have a dental crown put on? There are a variety of dental health problems that would have a dental crown as their solution. So what exactly can a dental crown help with?
- It can prevent a weakened or broken tooth from further breakage.
- It can restore an unhealthy tooth.
- It can support a poorly-structured tooth.
- It can secure a dental bridge.
- It can make your teeth appear more uniform in size and color.
- It can cover up a dental implant.
- It can improve the overall aesthetic appeal of your smile.
Though they do not require them as frequently as adults do, children may also benefit from dental crowns. A child may require a dental crown for different reasons than an adult would. Those reasons are:
- To save a tooth that cannot be supported by a filling
- To protect a child’s teeth that are at high risk of decay
Leikin and Baylin Dental Care: Your Friendly, Neighborhood Dentist
At Leikin and Baylin Dental Care in Catonsville, Maryland, our team of caring health professionals provides unparalleled dental excellence. We treat our patients as members of the family. And since most procedures are performed in our office, our patients rarely need to leave our careful eye.
If you have any questions about Dental Crowns or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.