Fact: you’re never too old for braces. Everyone wants a smile that is bright, white, and above all, straight. It’s difficult to get that smile sometimes, though. It can require years of orthodontic dentistry and lots of metal appliances in your mouth – it doesn’t have to, though. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces for both aesthetics as well as feel. Adults frequently opt out of braces because they don’t want to show a mouth full of metal every time they smile. It can be considered to look juvenile, even though it’s just about getting your teeth where you want them. This is where Invisalign comes in.
- Practically invisible – Have you ever seen someone wearing Invisalign? No? That’s probably because they’re really difficult to spot. Hundreds of people have Invisalign success stories to share, but the great part is that you’ll never know that they were wearing them in the first place. Unless you see someone pop them out or have worn them yourself, you’ll probably never even notice that they’re there.
- Removable – This is a big perk of Invisalign. Those who have had metal braces will tell you that they’re really uncomfortable to eat around. You’re restricted to certain foods and can still easily get things caught in between the wires and accessories. With Invisalign, you’re expected to wear them about 20 hours per day. You can pop them out in between meals or if you have a presentation to make without worrying about the straightening process being disrupted.
- Fixes the problem – Besides braces, there are other options to get straight teeth, such as veneers or other cosmetic dentistry procedures. There’s nothing wrong with cosmetic dentistry, but some people are more comfortable knowing that everything in their mouth is theirs. Invisalign helps shift your teeth into proper placement for a straight smile. You can also use them as whitening trays as you go!
- Normal oral health routine – Traditional braces require a modified oral health care routine that usually includes cleaning between brackets and makes flossing very difficult. Since you can pop Invisalign aligners out of your mouth, you can continue brushing, flossing, and using your normal mouthwash as you go – no need for additional appliances or cleaners.
- Infrequent dentist visits – When you get traditional braces, you’re required to go to the orthodontist at least once per month to get different wires and replace rubber bands. You’ll receive your Invisalign aligners all at once and switch them about every two weeks as your teeth shift. The technology for Invisalign allows you to control your own destiny with a visit to the dentist every 6 weeks or so, just to make sure everything is coming along right.
Invisalign aligners can help you feel more confident and comfortable with your smile. What are you waiting for? If you have any questions about Invisalign, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
Source: Why Invisalign