Everything your child eats has a profound effect not only on their physical health, but also their oral health. And as a parent, it is your responsibility to teach your child proper nutrition and dental care. So, without further ado, here is a list of oral health tips to help keep your child’s smile as bright as ever.
- Snacks aren’t bad…if you snack right: Instead of reaching for that candy bar or other sugary snack, give your child fruit instead. Specifically, fruit containing a high volume of water, like pears and melons. Or, if your child prefers vegetables over fruit, celery and cucumbers are you best options.
- Calcium-rich Foods: Calcium plays a critical role in strengthening your child’s teeth. So try to include calcium-rich foods in your child’s diet, especially milk, broccoli, and yogurt.
- Say Cheese: Aged cheeses, like cheddar or Monterey Jack, trigger the flow of saliva, which plays an important role in your child’s oral health. Saliva helps keep food particles from lingering on the teeth.
- Avoid Soda and other Sugary Drinks: Opt for water instead. Water does not harm the teeth, plus it aids in washing food particles away.
- Regular Dental Visits: For children, going to the dentist can be an anxious experience, but at Leikin and Baylin Dental Care we will ease your worries. We make visiting the Dentist Fun!
In addition to offering unequaled pediatric dental care, comprehensive dental care geared towards children and adolescents, Drs. Leikin and Baylin will make you feel as comfortable as possible. Our services include regular dental visits, preventative treatments, fillings, aesthetic restorations, mouth guards, and much more!
If you have any questions about Nutrition & Oral Health, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
“We are a team of caring health professionals who provide unparalleled dental excellence and treat our patients as members of our family.”