Proper dental care and regular trips to the dentist are both extremely important, especially for growing children. In fact, the American Dental Association recommends that a child’s first visit to the dentist be right before their first birthday. This is important for several reasons, including:
- It teaches your child, at an early age, about the importance of proper dental hygiene.
- Check to see if there is any baby bottle tooth decay.
- Ensure that your child’s gums are healthy.
- Make sure your child’s teeth are coming in correctly.
- Once all your child’s primary teeth have come in your pediatric dentist will start applying topical fluoride to harden the tooth enamel.
- Dental sealants can also be applied to protect the teeth from bacteria.
But, let’s face it; children are far different than adults. And because of this, they need to see a dentist that specializes in pedodontics, also known as children’s dentistry.
Dr. Leikin and Dr. Baylin of Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville offer high quality, comprehensive dental care geared towards children and adolescents. Our pediatric dental services include: regular dental visits and preventative treatments, fillings, aesthetic restorations, mouth guards, and much more!
Make sure the kids ask to see Dr. Baylin’s famous magic tricks!
Don’t wait until your child has a full set of teeth to visit the dentist, call Leikin and Baylin Dental Care today!
If you have any questions about Pedodontics, also known as Children’s Dentistry and Pediatric Dentistry, or wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Leikin & Baylin Dental Care of Catonsville, Maryland by calling 410-747-1115 or visit CatonsvilleDentalCare.com.
“We are a team of caring health professionals who provide unparalleled dental excellence and treat our patients as members of our family.”